Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Happy New Year



Happy Boxing Day! Are you a mad shopper today or do you prefer to stay home and relax? I really am uncomfortable in crowds so I definitely prefer to stay home and play with my inks and pencil crayons. I have a list of things to complete that's a mile long! Good thing it's fun stuff.




I wanted to create a Happy New Year post for my Wednesday Stamp N Plus card but I didn't have a New Year's stamp. I did, however, have this large birthday in envelope stamp which I love so I decided to repurpose it. I stamped it with Memento Tuxedo Black ink on white cardstock and stamped an extra of the star balloon which has the Happy Birthday sentiment in the center. Rather than masking or rubbing ink off the stamp, I decided to paper piece the star balloon using the extra one I stamped as a cutting template. The rest of the image was coloured with Prismacolor pencils except for the white dots which are acrylic paint and the small stars which were punched with a MS punch and adhered with glue. The image was then fussy cut leaving a narrow white border around it. More of the tiniest stars were set aside to glue to the image background once the card was assembled.

The background is layers of Paper Wishes birthday paper and glittery purple cardstock. A doodled border was done with a Micron pen around the yellow layer and a purple dotted ribbon was fastened around that same layer before adhering the image layer with foam dots. The sentiment was computer generated, inked with Distress ink, and mounted on the paper scraps from the first layer. Foam tape was added to the back of each word for added dimension. This stamp is extremely versatile and fun. I'm sure I'll be using it for other occasions in the future. I love when I get different uses out of the same stamp.

Thanks for visiting today. I'm always glad to have the company...and such good company at that!

Life is good; so is art.

Bonnie

No comments: