Saturday, December 01, 2012

Star Struck


I'm playing along with Wicked Wednesday's atc challenge again this week. The theme is Frame It which leaves so much room for creativity. I've been wanting to colour this A Day For Daisies image called Bewildered and this seemed a perfect opportunity.

I coloured Bea with my Prismacolor pencils, adding a little Sakura Clearstar pen as eyeliner. Little rhinestones grace her ears. I ussed a Sizzix filmstrip die for the frame, mounting some Lost & Found Two Sunshine paper behind the frame opening. The background paper for the atc comes from the same pad. To further the 40's glamour girl feel, gold sequins with rhinestone centers were adhered to the frame.

The sentiment was printed on white cardstock gently inked with Vintage Photo, cut out and then double matted before being popped up on foam dots. Amber rhinestones in two sizes were added to the upper corners for additional sparkle. To finish the atc, the edges were inked with Walnut Stain Distress Ink.

She captures the feel of the era I was going for. I am, indeed, star struck :) Thanks for joining us today. Bea might expect it but I am always appreciative.

Life is good; so is art.
Bonnie

5 comments:

Jenn Borjeson said...

Bonnie, she's just stunning. Great job, thanks for joining us at Wicked Wednesday. :)

ParkNSlide said...

Just the perfect balance of bling and distressing to portray vintage glamour. Love the pop of her blonde hair---this is "star quality."

Kim said...

Absolutely beautiful! Love all of the bling and stars with the movie frame. Thanks for joining us at Wicked Wednesday!
Kim

Sharon said...

This is gorgeous - I have that A Day for Daisies image too and love it!! Fantastic ATC & perfect for our challenge at Wicked Wednesday this week!

Denice said...

I'm star struck over this fabulous ATC...what a wonderful job, you definately accomplished the golden era of movie stars. Thanks for playing along with us this week at Wicked Wednesday.
:Dxx