Monday, January 26, 2015

A Little Love for You ~ CYP Challenge 246


Hi everyone. It's time for a new challenge at Craft Your Passion Challenges. As always, our theme is Anything Goes and our wonderful sponsor is DeeDee's Digis. I had a hard time choosing just one image to play with because there are so many cute ones.


I decided to use this sweet bird called Valentine Tweet. The sentiment at the bottom of the card comes from the same set. Love that! I coloured Tweeter with Prismacolor pencils and added white paint pen dots to his body. I also added a plaid pattern to his hat with a black Micron pen. He was then fussycut and popped up on foam tape. The background to the image was cut with Spellbinders Label One die and inked with Tumbled Glass Distress ink. It was then matted with black cardstock and given faux stitching around the edges. A little foam tape on the back gave it the dimension I was looking for.


The pink background was cut to fit leaving room for the white base and black matting to show. A border of icicles was cut from white cardstock, adhered over the pink, and then outlined with black pen. The sentiment, printed on white cardstock, was also matted in black and faux stitched. Two pink dotty buttons threaded with floss were adhered to the card next to the sentiment.


This is my last challenge with Craft Your Passion and I can hardly believe I am saying that. I have been with Lisa and this fabulous team for so long. An opportunity has come along that I cannot resist and since there are only so many hours in the day, I had to make the tough decision to let this team go. I will miss them and wish them all the best. My time at Craft Your Passion Challenges has been wonderful.

Life is good; so is art.
Bonnie

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Hi Bonnie,
your little birdie is so sweet. Lovely way of making a card with the snow.
xxx Michelle