Thursday, August 20, 2015

Alice in Wonderland Shadowbox ~ Part 2

And we're back..Haha! This is the second post showing the Alice in Wonderland shadowbox that I created using mainly the Tenniel style images. The first 6 cubbies and info on the background are in this post from yesterday.


This scene with Alice and Chessie is very simple. I used the two images and featured a chipboard tree branch which was coloured with sprays and shaded with Archival ink.


I wanted a library background for this cubby so I sized a bookshelf image, punched a little floor mat, and used mini Scrabble tiles to spell Alice.


An image from Etsy was fussy cut and matted in black before being popped up on foam tape like the other images. Die cut vines, a blue butterfly, and wording from the book helped set Absolom's scene.


This image is from Pool of Tears where Alice ends up swimming in her giant tears. The Explore arrow is made from wood and the rabbit's fan is folded from origami paper.


Oh dear, this poor fellow has to get the roses painted red before the Queen comes along.The fence and grass were die cut. The roses are metal and were first painted with gesso and then red paint. A little extra red was added to the image because I think he paints messy like me!


China teacups from an actual child's set were stacked in front of Hatter and the March Hare. I like the effect layering dimensional pieces gives to the occasional cubby.

 And this is the finished project complete with the door and a few little extras on top. The cat's face reminds me of Chessie, the tea pot and cup for the Hatter and friends, and the gloves and watch for the White Rabbit. Thanks so much for stopping by. I had a blast creating this shadowbox. It was one of those projects Just For Me...something in my head that just had to get out :)

Life is good; so is art...and Alice in Wonderland.
Bonnie

2 comments:

Tracy said...

This is incredible Bonnie! There's so much detail in each little square. Great images and great set ups for each scene. A masterpiece for sure! Hugs!

Faye Touve said...

This is so awesome! I love all of it. Thanks for sharing the links!