Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Altered Playing Cards Trio


Hi everyone. One of my favourite things to create is an altered playing card. I've been making these for years ever since I took a fabulous online class with the very talented Mary Jane Chadbourne. It's a wonderful mojo spark and I also love to play with them when I have finished a series of projects with deadlines and have nothing looming :) It's sort of a palette cleanser for my brain. It's also a fabulous way to use up all those little scraps of paper, washi tape, fibres, die cuts, etc. that have been collecting on my table.


The backgrounds are all done with Neocolor II crayons, gelatos, Big Brush pens, anything that will get vibrant colour down. It is pure play. Stamping, flicking water or paint, bottle top rings, gift card lines and scuffs are all part of the next layers. I do this all intuitively with no plan and no specific image match in mind. It's very freeing. Layers of paper scraps, cheesecloth, drywall mesh, fabric, punched or die cut shapes are all added to create compositions I like.


Once I have a pile of backgrounds done I either go through some sayings I have collected and find ones I want to illustrate with once of the collage images I have already fussy cut or vice versa. I find an image I want to pair with the background and then choose a saying that I think fits. After that...the outlining, doodling, and finishing embellies and touches. It's a delightful process where I create just for the sheer joy of it!

Thanks for stopping by today. We're all glad that you did :)

Life is good; so is art.
Bonnie

1 comment:

Crafting Vicky said...

Just adore your work!!! Your colors are so very VIBRANT and those images are fabulous. I'm totally jealous of your ability to make such fabulous sentiments with them as well!!!!! Love it my friend!!!!!