Sunday, September 04, 2016

Imagination ~ Joggles Art Journal Adventure Week #34 Response


Barb's prompt for Week 34 of the Joggles Art Journal Adventure was to Use What's On Your Table. She created an art journal page which featured an oval shape surrounded by black paint, a gray frame, and contained two figures from a Joggles Collage Sheet. This was a format which I hadn't done before and it intrigued me. I did change up the process but went with the general idea and was able to use things that were on my table in the process.


I began by spritzing my background of the page with Vineyard Art Anthology Colorations Spray which is a purple/blue colour. The oval in the center of the page was cut from a mixed media paper background which was sitting in a pile on my table. It had been sprayed with Ocean and Patina Color Shine Sprays. Aquamarine Archival Ink was used with Stampotique's Dotted Squares stamp to create some pattern and texture on the oval. Jet Black Archival Ink was used with one of Darkroom Door's Paint Splats stamp set to create the smaller splats. A length of washi tape added to white card stock was added to give the guy a place to sit. Both images from Joggles Anthropomorphic II Collage Sheetwere adhered flat onto the oval, outlined with black pen and then again with an Inktense pencil activated with water.  Ranger Texture Paste was scraped through TCW Tiny Circles stencil to add dimension around the images. Black Big Brush pen was used to edge the oval before it was matted with black card stock and trimmed to leave a narrow border.


The oval was traced onto the sprayed page background and then another oval was drawn about .5 inches outside of that and traced over with a Medium Black Pitt pen. The same pen was used to doodle inside the frame. Liquitex Mars Black Acrylic paint was painted around the outside of the oval frame to the page edges. Once thoroughly dry, Versamark Ink was tapped through Dylusions Diamond of a Border stencil in places and white embossing powder was added to the wet ink. I didn't worry too much about tapping off the extra powder before I heat set it because I wanted that messy imperfect look.



To finish the page, the oval was adhered to the background page using Scor tape. Glossy Accents was added to both sets of glasses to add dimension and shine to the lenses. The word Imagination, an Idea-ology Big Chat Sticker was adhered to the bottom of the page and doodles were added to the white around the word. And then I called it Done Like Dinner! It was fun to meet the challenge of using what was on my table. Fortunately, I've been working on a lot of projects so I had more on there than usual although some things never get put away because I use them every time. Thank goodness for a big table!

Thanks for stopping by today. My Anthropomorphic friends and I appreciate your fine company. If you haven't already been following along with the Joggles Art Journal Adventure and Barb's weekly Monday prompts, it's not too late. You can join in at any point and we'd love to have you join our wonderful AJA Facebook group as well. It's an awesome group filled with creative, friendly, and supportive people who share the same enthusiasm for this fun adventure.

Life is good; so is art.
Bonnie

No comments: