Monday, August 14, 2017

My Kraft Junk Journal - Page 2


Hi everyone! I'm here to share another Junk Journal page which I created for the JJ I started here. For this page, I decided to use a 5.5 x 8.25 glassine bag which I purchased with some other fabulous ephemera from an Etsy seller called J9Scraps. I can't say enough great things about Jeannine's products and customer service. She sent my treasures, all carefully and beautifully packaged, the morning after I ordered. She's awesome! Anyway, I started by punching the holes in the sealed ends of the bag and then cutting and adhering book printed reinforcements. That gave me the line where I wanted to machine stitch, both to add the detail and also to prevent the tag from blocking the hole openings.


I adhered strips of TH ruler stickers to the top of the front section of the bag and both the front and back of the back section. I did this to strengthen the glassine so that it would stand up to the tag being pulled in and out. It also looks fun :)


The tag created to fit inside the glassine bag was cut from the same kraft paper that came with the book. It was cut to 7.25 x 5.25 inches with the upper corners sliced off at an angle to create the tag shape. All sides were machine stitched and then inked with Coffee Archival Ink using a mini ink blending tool. Stencilling and stamping were done on the tag with Coffee Archival Ink using  Carabelle Studio Weft Fabric and Numbers template and a TH spatter stamp. A stack of layers was created with a piece of handmade text printed paper, a ripped strip of music paper, two torn pieces of corrugated coffee sleeve, and an Etsy image which had been stitched around. All pieces were inked around with Coffee Archival Ink before anything was adhered. A corner from a coffee dyed paper was tucked under the right side of the focal image and a vintage threaded button was added to that. Overlapping the image and layers of the background, was a strip of striped and frayed fabric with a black Big Chat Sticker adhered on top of that. A little extra stitching design was added with a VLV stamp to tie the music paper to the background on the right side.



The back of the tag was stencilled with TCW Harlequin Stencil and the same spatter stamp using Coffee Archival Ink. A journal spot from Bo Bunny was cut to fit the tag as a tuck spot. Both the journal paper and the tag were inked around the edges with Coffee Archival and the journal page was adhered to the tag only along the flat edge. The butterfly, another TH sticker (which I've had for years and never used) was glued to the flap.To create a topper for the tag, a length of measuring tape twill ribbon was folded in half and stapled to the top. To disguise the loop where the ribbon was folded, a threaded vintage button (thank you, Gram) was adhered on top of it.


Two pieces of ephemera, from an Art-C package, were edged and stamped with Coffee Ink and attached to the tag with an Idea-ology tiny paper clip. The back of the Toys tag was stencilled with the same Harlequin stamp and a scrap from the journal spot was added to the top edge. The music paper has another song on the back of it.

So not only am I loving the creativity which is tapped (and challenged) by the Junk Journalling process as well as all that I am learning as I go, but I also am totally loving using things that have been in my stash for ages and mostly ignored. It's amazing when you change your focus, how you can see uses for things that you didn't bother with before. Anyway, thanks for joining me today. I appreciate your company :)

Life is good; so is art.
Bonnie

No comments: