Monday, June 24, 2019

Joggles Art Journal Adventure ~ Week 25 - Music


Hi everyone. One more week and we are at the halfway point in the Joggles Art Journal Adventure. Hard to believe but I have the huge stack of art journal pages to prove it :) The prompt for Week 25 is Music. While I am not musically talented, I do love music and am one of those people who sings at the top of my lungs when I am driving. I also always have a song in my head and have been known to randomly burst into song, either a real one, an altered one, or one I made up...just ask my husband...LOL. So this prompt was one I wanted to respond to in a way that showed what music does for me as well as how it fills up my head.


I started by adhering music themed wrapping paper to a 6x8 inch substrate with matte medium. Once that was dry, white gesso was brushed over the top to knock the music into the background while still letting it peek through. To add a little interest and grunge it up, Coffee Archival Ink was sponged through Sheena Douglass Distress Grid stencil in several places and also sponged around the page edges. After cutting a silhouette from black cardstock, the shape was traced onto the background so that I could stamp some curlicues coming from her hair and then add my own musical doodling. The stamping was done with Jet Black Archival and the doodling with black Pitt Pens. The silhouette was adhered in place and the pen was used to add more curlicues and also streamline the joins where the curls came from her hair. I also added a heart punched from a scrap of mop up paper. A simplified version of the stamping was done on the right side of the page but I wanted this side to be less busy to show how the world gets turned off.


To ground the silhouette, a length of black and cream striped washi was added at the bottom of the image. In order to show clapping, either along to the beat or in appreciation of the musicians, a pair of wooden hands were overlapped in a clapping formation and adhered to the bottom right corner. A punched photo corner was added to that same corner and a doodled border drawn from the two points.


The wording was printed onto white cardstock, cut into individual words, and matted with black. Foam tape was used to pop up the words and scraps of a punched scalloped border were used to emphasize the words on and off. Three treble clef brads were added to the music doodles before the background was added to the black page of the journal.

Thanks for stopping by today. I had such fun creating this page...definitely out of my comfort zone but it did what I hoped it would do. To see what other talented members of our Joggles Art Journal Adventure group create for the Music prompt, be sure to stop by our Facebook group. We have such a diverse group with very different styles and it's wonderful each week to see the many directions each prompt leads us. We'd love it if you joined us!

Life is good; so is art.
Bonnie


No comments: