Saturday, June 15, 2019

Top Of My Head AJ Page and clips ~ inspired by Vera Lane Studio


Hi everyone! I am smitten with the new release from Vera Lane Studio called Top of My Head. There are six fabulous designs that lend themselves to everything from art journal pages to items as small as inchies, thanks to the re-sizing possible with digi stamps. I chose to make two projects: the first - an art journal page and the second - some paper clips for my planner. My goodness these guys are cute!


The art journal page features Worldy with a cat from another set called Crazy Cat Lady on top of his head. The saying, which if you know cats rings true, fit this image so well. They were coloured with Prismacolour and Polychromos pencils, fussy cut, and matted with black. The background was a mix of 5 acrylic paints ( blues, greens, white) brayered and gel printed onto the 6x6 background and boosted here and there with Gelatos. White Texture Paste through a Studio Light Mask, stamping with Jet Black Archival and a Studio Light Grid stamp, and some random doodling gave the background further interest. Washi tape layered over book paper, and the saying printed onto white cardstock and matted with black finished the page.


The next project was to create three 2.5 inch clips for my planner...or they could be used as bookmarks. They were inspired by a wonderful YouTube tutorial by Paula Foerder who demos so clearly how to construct them. I learn so much from her videos.


The images were coloured and matted in the same way as Worldy was (see above). When I was cutting the black cardstock to form the mats, I doubled the paper over so I could cut two of each at the same time. That way, I knew they would fit exactly when glued together. One half of the paper clip is sandwiched between the two layers of matting and glued shut.


Before I glued them, a large black paper clip was attached to the extra black mat which would form the backing. I then used E6000 on the inside of the back layer around the clip itself and Fabritac on the rest of each mat to adhered the two parts together. I added extra wording to the plain cup image because this saying always makes me smile, just like these heads do. Wouldn't these make adorable magnets?


Thanks for joining the Top of my Head guys and me today. I had so much fun with them and from the looks of the other fabulous projects shown on the Vera Lane Studio Digi Stamps Facebook group, I am not the only one! I love how creative people are :)

Life is good; so is art.
Bonnie

No comments: