Saturday, August 03, 2019

ATCs and ATCoins ~ created with Vera Lane Studio Sweet Dreams Collage Sheet


Hi everyone! I love the collage sheets in the Vera Lane Studio shop. They are super versatile, have a wonderful variety of images, and make for some cute and quick creating. Usually when I work with a collage sheet, I like to add my own voice to them either through shading/highlighting or with extra pen work. They definitely don't need it but it's something I like to do.


From the Sweet Dreams collage sheet, I chose three of the larger images which are an ideal size for ATCs and paired them with pre-cut ATC backgrounds. I also chose three of the smaller images which suit the ATCoin size. When I have extra scraps from a larger background or mop-up cards from cleaning up extra paint, sprays, or inks, I cut them into artist trading card (2.5x3.5 inches) or artist trading coins (2.5 inch diameter) so that I have a stack ready for choosing when I'm ready to create.


I add stamps. stencilling, and scrappy bits like the music paper above to create the design I want.


I also add words like the ones cut from the same collage sheet or maybe from rub-ons.



I might add die cut like the grass or punched elements like the hearts above or the star on the Sweet ATC.


I might add wings or a fussy cut border to change things up.



And I always add a doodled border and black Big Brush Pen to help frame them.


To see more of the fabulous collage sheets in the Vera Lane Studio Etsy shop, just click on the link. There are so many wonderful choices just waiting for your imagination. I find them irresistible!

Life is good; so is art.
Bonnie

No comments: