Monday, September 09, 2019

Joggles Art Journal Adventure Week 36 - Spirals


Hi everyone! It's that time again! Time for another prompt for Joggles Art Journal Adventure. It's Week 36 and this week, the prompt is to include spirals of some sort in your project. When I think of spirals, my thoughts go first to Alice in Wonderland and her fall down the rabbit hole so that's where I decided to venture. I never miss an opportunity to do something Wonderlandish :)


I traced off-center circles getting progressively smaller and then lined and coloured them in with black Pitt pens. That was a long process and one where I had to forego perfectionism very quickly or go as mad as the Hatter. Instead of a four sided border, I added checkered washi tape to the top and bottom of the page, heavier on the bottom because I wanted it visually weightier.


I dove into my box of charms, buttons, and other ephemera to come up with some things significant to the story to swirl around the spiral. I had some mini playing cards, a clock, teapot, and teacup charm, a miniature doorknob set and key, and another clock button, all of which were glued, and in the case of the charms, also attached with a brad to the background.


Little Alice is a digital image from Paperbabe Stamps called MayLeeDee in Wonderland. I coloured her with Prismacolor and Polychromos pencils, fussy cut her leaving a narrow white border, and matted her with black cardstock. She was popped up with foam tape as were the two Jack cards to add dimension and natural shadow.


The sentiment, cut from a collage sheet, was matted with black and popped up on foam tape as well. The page was finished by darkening the edges with black Big Brush Pen and adhering it to the black  background common to all the pages in my Joggles AJA journal.

Thanks for joining Alice and me today. We appreciate that. If you are interested in seeing what others in our AJA community do with the Spirals prompt, pop over to the Joggles Art Journal Adventure Facebook group. We would love to see you there,

Life is good; so is art.
Bonnie

No comments: