Tuesday, September 10, 2019

That's on You! ~ an art journal page inspired by a Vera Lane Studio image


Hi everyone! I am so close to being finished my art journal filled with Vera Lane Studio images only. Today I created an art journal page on the second last page of this very chunky journal (page 47) filled with images I adore. For this page, I chose one of the Heads and Borders images, which while not in the shop at the moment, is available upon request from Janet. She had just the look I wanted to suit my quote.


I coloured Pinhead (I didn't make that up...LOL) with a mix of Prismacolor and Polychromos pencils, keeping things vibrant and very colourful because she is a bit wacky which I love. She was fussy cut leaving the narrow white border I favour, and then matted with black. Red epoxy dots were added for earrings to match her lovely top.


I wanted a fairly chaotic background so I picked up Lindy's Rudolph's Red Nose and Yellow Rose of Texas Starburst sprays using pipettes and added drops here and there on the watercolour paper background. Then I used TH spritzer tool to spray air onto the plops of ink to create yummy drips and runs. I love this tool because it can create really tiny runs or larger ones depending upon how you hold it. Once that was dry, black Fireworks spray ink was dropped in three places and treated the same way. Once all the drips, splats, and runs were dry, Deep Purple Archival ink was sponged through a Bad Ass Mini stencil (1205).


The saying was printed onto white cardstock, cut into sections, and matted with black. A simple border was doodled around the page using a purple Sparklepop gel pen and a smaller red dot was added to a punched photo corner to finish the design.

Thanks for joining Pinhead and me today. That was awesome of you! To see more Vera Lane Studio projects by the rest of the talented DT and our equally creative and talented community, be sure to stop by the Vera Lane Studio Facebook group. Check out the amazing images both in digital stamp and collage sheet form in the Vera Lane Studio Etsy shop, too.

Life is good; so is art.
Bonnie

No comments: