Thursday, September 12, 2019

Use It, Already journal ~ pages 19-22


I created a few more collage pages in my Use It, Already journal. This is a journal where I am using scraps,bits and bobs that have been in my stash far too long, either because I was hoarding or because I had forgotten all about them. It's time to either use them or pass things along to others who will use them.


The backgrounds are layers and layers of scraps of designer paper, mixed media papers, vintage papers, book text, and digital paper bits from kits. I also used a couple of Bo Bunny Journal Pages which have been in my stash forever. I'm happy to finally have a use for them. There's even an old Monopoly Chance card in the mix.


For now, I am using Tim Holtz Paper Dolls to star in these pages. I like adding little pops of colour in the form of flowers, hats, bowties, and other decorations to make them my own and add some of the background colour to the sepia images.


The wording was added with Big Chat, Small Chat, or Chit Chat stickers as well as rub-ons. Some punched or die cut borders, strips of patterned paper borders, and even a piece of lace plus some leftover die cut arrows helped to finish the pages. I like how the pages are untied by colour tones, by adding black reinforcements to the holes, and other black details. It makes for a more cohesive and pleasing flip through.

Thanks for stopping by today. I'm glad you did!

Life is good; so is art.
Bonnie


No comments: