Tuesday, December 24, 2019

Hello, sweet friend card ~ inspired by a Vera Lane Studio collage sheet


Hi everyone! My second DT project today for Vera lane Studio is a quick and easy "thinking of you" type of card. This would make an adorable gift if you made a set of them. They would also be wonderful to have on hand when you want to send a little note to a friend. The card features one of the fabulous pre-coloured images from the Doodle Flower Stamp and Collage Sheet. If the colour palettes don't fit  what you are creating, there is an uncoloured digi in the set for you to colour as you wish. Love that!


I fussy cut one of the pre-coloured flowers, leaving a white border, and matting it with black. I added a few extra white details with a Posca pen both because I like to add my own voice and to help pick up the white spaces left in the background. I also cut out two leaves from a scrap of gel printed paper, matting them with black and adding black doodles to tie in with the flower.


The background was simply a rectangle cut from a paper I had used to catch the over-spray from Lindy's Starburst sprays. I chose the section I wanted, cut it to fit the black mat, and doodled a simple border around the outside edge. The sentiment was printed onto white cardstock and matted with black to frame it. I love the results and how quickly the card came together.

Thanks for stopping by today. I appreciate that, especially during such a busy time of year. When you get a bit of a break, be sure to stop by the Vera Lane Studio Etsy shop and the Vera Lane Studio Facebook group to catch up and gather some inspiration for crafting when life settles into its quiter routine again.

Life is good; so is art.
Bonnie

No comments: