Tuesday, December 31, 2019

This magical world ~ inspired by a Vera Lane Studio image


Hi everyone! Wow! This is the last day of 2019 so I wish you all a Happy New Year. I hope 2020 is spectacular for you! I am finishing off 2019 with a couple of art journal pages featuring images by Vera Lane Studio because it makes me happy to play with those images and I want to end 2019 on a good note :) The image I used for my first aj page is from the set called The Fairy House. I used the sweet fairy who also comes with a mushroom house, a flower, and two sentiments. Her joy and knowing smile seemed appropriate for the spread I had in mind.


I coloured Fairy with Prismacolor and Polychromos pencils, adding Clear Wink of Stella to her star, wings, and eye heart for a bit of magical shimmer. She was fussy cut leaving a narrow white border, matted with black cardstock, and fussy cut again.


The background is 6x6 watercolour paper which I spritzed with Lindy's Hottie Patottie Hot Pink and Yellow Rose of Texas Starburst Sprays making sure to leave lots of big drips and splats by pushing the pump only half way in. The bigger splats were then moved into finer drips using the Tim Holtz Distress Marker Spritzer tool. I find I can get thinner, finer runs with this tool than with a straw. Brilliance Rocket Red Gold ink was applied through Bad Ass Mini Stencil 1037 to create the spray of stars around Fairy's head. The stars were then outlined with black pen to help them stand out and add that pop of black I love. A larger star was stamped with the same ink where her one foot would be situated.


The saying was printed onto white cardstock and matted with black. A very scribbly border was doodled to frame the page and the edges were darkened with the Rocket Red Gold ink. Four sparkling puffy stars were adhered to the corners.

Thanks for joining Fairy and me today. We are delighted to have you here and hope you will hang around to see my other art journal page. While you are waiting, why not pop by the Vera Lane Studio Etsy shop and the Vera Lane Studio Facebook group? We would love to see you there and there's always lots going on :)

Life is good; so is art.
Bonnie

No comments: