Monday, February 18, 2019

Joggles Art Journal Adventure - Week 7


Hi everyone! It's Week 7 of the Joggles Art Journal Adventure and the prompt this week is " Silence is golden. Duct tape is silver". We are meant to use gold, silver, and/or any other metallic that suits our fancy.This was an easy-peasy one for me because I love metallics and Steampunk so I decided to combine the two in this week's page.


I began by colouring this gorgeous digital stamp I purchased from TeddyBoandCo on Etsy. This one is called Wonderland 011 and I think she is gorgeous. I coloured her with Prismacolor and Polychromos stamps, using a white Posca Paint pen to highlight and a black Pitt pen to darken the linework where the pencils dulled it. I also used a silver gel pen on one of her hat decorations. She was fussy cut leaving a narrow white border but I was able to forego the black matting and border because she was going on a dark background. Foam tape was used to adhere her to the background and add dimension.


The background began with the usual black cardstock paper with the holes punched in the left side for the rings. I cut another rectangle of black about 4 x 5.75 inches and ran it through my Cuttlebug using a Tim Holtz embossing folder called Diamondplate. Treasure Gold and Treasure Silver gilding wax were then applied with a finger to highlight the raised pattern and lightly tint the background. This was adhered to the center of the page. Aluminum foil tape (used to seal duct work) was embossed with another Tim Holtz embossing folder called Gears. The tape which is 2 inches wide was cut in half lengthwise, had the backing removed, and was adhered around the first rectangle to form a frame. This tape embosses beautifully, so crisp and clear and the sticky back is a bonus, for sure.


The upper right and lower left corners of the frame were embellished with metal gears, adhered with Glossy Accents. The opposite corners were embellished with kraft coloured Chit Chat stickers matted with black to read "embrace adventure". In the black space below the frame, two game spinners and a clock charm were added to finish the design.

Thanks for stopping by today. My Steampunk friend and I are so happy you did. I'm excited to see how others in the Joggles Art Journal Adventure community respond to this prompt of using metallics. If you're curious or want to play along, pop over to the Facebook group and join us. It's a wonderful group of talented and friendly people and you would be welcomed and appreciated.

Life is good; so is art.
Bonnie

No comments: