Wednesday, April 03, 2019

The clutch is gone - Inspired by a Vera Lane Studio image


Hi everyone! I laughed out loud when I read the saying for this page  because I am always saying that I can't get my rear in gear or words to that effect. Now I know why...it's the clutch...LOL. This saying seemed to fit with the awesome Vera Lane Studio image called Sit and Think, a natural pairing to illustrate the point. She is one of two images and there is a wonderful saying that also comes with the set, one I will definitely use another time.


I coloured Flo (she is really called Girl with Flower Eye...but that's a bit formal for me) with my usual mix of Polychromos and Prismacolor pencils except for her shirt. Her shirt was printed a second time onto pink Starburst Spray mop-up paper because I wanted variation and a little more interest going on in her plain sweater. Once printed, I shaded the sweater with pencils. Flo was fussy cut leaving a white border, matted with black, and fussy cut leaving a black border. This creates a natural shadow and helps her stand out from the busy background.


The 6x6 inch watercolour page was inked with Blueprint Sketch and Peacock Feathers Distress Oxide Inks through TCW Mini Gears Stencil. I love the blend of those two colours which gives me a third colour of purple where they overlap. Yum! Ranger Texture Paste was scraped through TCW Tiny Circles stencil and allowed to dry before Jet Black Archival splatters were added with a TH Bitty Grunge stamp.


To give Flo something to sit on, two lengths of washi tape were added to white cardstock and adhered to the bottom of the page. Two metal gears, with a little added Treasure Silver wax, were adhered to the outside edge of the washi strips. A larger gear was added to the top right corner to balance the page. Flo was glued in place and the sentiment was printed onto white cardstock, cut into sections, and matted with black. A simple border was doodled around the page to frame and finish it.

Thanks for joining Flo and me today. We might just sit here for a while and think about how much we appreciate that. There's always time later to get that clutch fixed. LOL

Life is good; so is art.
Bonnie

No comments: