Tuesday, September 10, 2019

Halloween ATC Trio ~ inspired by Vera Lane Studio collage sheets


Hi everyone! Have you seen the new Halloween Collage Sheets newly released by Vera Lane Studio? Oh my word, they are fabulous...to the point where I want to create something with every one of the images on the two sheets. I'm not a scary Halloween lover but I do love cute Halloween and these are exactly that. With the mix of sizes and colourways, as well as the adorable images which play well together, there is inspiration galore.


I covered the atc bases with Halloween themed pattern paper, adding a border made of either washi tape or a strip of patterned paper across the bottom of each. It's a quick and easy formula which works well.


The images were fussy cut leaving a narrow white border and then matted with black cardstock. I like to add my own touches to collage sheet images, although these certainly don't need it. You can see where I added some coloured pencil, gems for eyes, or Wink of Stella to make those teeth sparkle. Foam tape was used to adhere the images to the background, adding dimension.

The sayings were cut from a downloaded sheet from Lisa's Altered Art which has been in my stash forever. They were matted with black and popped up on foam tape, as well.Extra embellies like the cheesecloth, drywall mesh, and spiders were added to complete each story. To finish them off, a border was doodled around the two lighter coloured ones, and black Big Brush Pen was inked around the outside edges. How fun are these three!

Thanks for stopping by today to visit with the ghouls and me! If you are looking for quick and easy but highly effective images for a project, the collage sheets at Vera Lane Studio are definitely the way to go but don't forget about all of the other fabulous images waiting for you to colour them up, as well. There's something for every occasion!

Life is good; so is art.
Bonnie

No comments: