Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Be Bold


I declared Playtime yesterday and pulled out my art journal for a two page spread. I knew I wanted to use these two digi stamps from CS Designs: Splash Montage and the Be Bold sentiment. That meant I could go wild with colour...which I did :) (in case you didn't notice  LOL)


The background was spritzed with water and then 5 different colours and brands of spray ink. More ink was sprayed through a couple of templates to create random patterns and more texture. A crackle stamp was inked up in black and applied here and there. The other day in the paint bin, I found a roll of drywall mesh which never quite got put away...oops. Since it was on my desk, I simply had to include some chunks on my page...had to, I say!

The funky Splash Montage image was printed on white cardstock along with the sentiment. Splash was coloured with Prismacolor pencils, mounted on black cardstock to frame, and bordered at the bottom with a hot pink zigzag strip. More of that strip was added to the rest of the pages. The sentiment was torn, inked around the edges, and layered over another black cardstock shape.


Then it seemed time for more stamping: writing on the border, alpha letters to make the sayings. At that point, Splash and I ageed that it was time to pull out the doodle pen and get messy. She always has the best ideas! My final touches were a Neocolor II blue crayon heart which I overpainted with water and lots of black ink around the edges of the pages.

Playtime was declared a huge success since great fun was had by all!

I'm going to enter this spread in the following challenges:
Drunken Stampers Challenge #91 ~ colour challenge

Robyn's Fetish Challenge #112 - Anything Goes

Stamp and Create June Challenge : Bold and bright

Crafty Cardmakers Challenge 70 - No Cards, No Tags, or ATCs

Thanks for stopping by...now go and declare your own playtime!
Life is good; so is art!
Bonnie

11 comments:

ParkNSlide said...

I'm loving the riot of colors and textures---so vibrant & playful. Your playtime was definitely productive.

Hannelie said...

This is simply fab- so glad you shared it with us at Robyn's Fetish!!

Papercraft By Carole said...

I wish I could be as bold with colour as you have been with your art journal. It's fantastic, and such a brilliantly riotous fusion of techniques!! Thanks for sharing with us at Crafty Cardmakers!! Cxx

Suzanne Bier said...

So many fun splashes of colour in your journal, Bonnie! Thanks for joining the party and linking your journal pages at Drunken Stampers!

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

There is just something about art journals that just enthralls me. The color is so bold and the design is so free...love that, and yours is fabulous!

Lori said...

I can tell you had fun! Your art journal pages are beautiful and bold!

Donna said...

Great project, thanks for playing along with the colour challenge this week on Drunken Stampers!

Anonymous said...

Fabulous Journal pages. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers. xx

Feebsy said...

Lovely journaling pages. I really love your bold colours, I'm never very good at using them myself, very inspiring.

Thanks for sharing with us at Crafty Cardmakers.

Feebsy
xx

Unknown said...

What a bold and colorful book! Thanks for joining us at the Drunken Stampers!

StephG said...

great pages...I love your take on this week's challenge. Thanks for playing at Drunken Stampers!