Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Hello Tiger



Tiger lilies are another of my favourite flowers so when I saw this stamp from Stamp N Plus, it was a "must have". They remind me of cottages and summer breezes and living in the country....happy sigh.
I coloured this image with my Prismacolor pencils and fussy cut it out. It was popped up on foam tape and adhered to an embossed piece of black cardstock.

The next layer consisted of an orange and white dot scrap matted with black cardstock. Then I took my handy dandy piercer and punched holes using the dots as a guide so I could embroider a cross-stitch corner. The vintage black button snuggled right into that corner. The image layer was glued over the orange dotty paper and some dollar store letter beads spelled out the message. The white background is the card front which picks up the white negative space in the image.

Simple design...high contrast. Works for me :)
Thanks for visiting. You know that makes me smile!

Life is good; so is art.
Bonnie

1 comment:

ParkNSlide said...

It's amazing what the right colors can do to make an image come alive. You have colored these flowers perfectly and chosen the perfect backgrounds to accent their beauty. The stitches make a clever accent.