Sunday, June 10, 2012

Make a change



I came across one of my favourite Maya Angelou quotes and felt a strong urge to use it in an art journal page to remind myself of a very powerful message. It's funny how often I come across a quote just when I need to read it or hear it most. Hmmmm.

I used my Neocolor II crayons for the background and then Distress Inked with a number of Dylusion stencils to create texture. Next I randomly stamped my favourite splotchy stamp to make it messier. A Meljen's Designs digi stamp, Johnny Bird Boots,  was coloured with Prismacolor pencils and a little OMS and then fussy cut. Once he was all glued down, a sun was torn from a scrap of paper from my messy desk.

The quote was written on the computer, coloured in with markers, cut out and mounted on black cardstock. After the words were adhered to the page, out came the doodle pen and the white acrylic paint. Many dots, squiggles, and scribbles later, and my happy little page was complete. What a pleasant way to spend a Sunday afternoon.

I'm going to enter this baby in Meljen's DT challenge of anything goes. JFF!
Thanks for visiting Johnny and me :)

Life is good; so is art.
Bonnie

3 comments:

Ellis said...

Wonderful art journal page and a great quote, great idea to make a page with it! =)
Hugs, Elenor

Paula said...

Bonnie, Wow! I really love your art journal page. Johnny Bird Boots what a great image. The quote has spoken to me too! The colours are so vibrant. You are inspiring me to start an art journal :o) Thanks for sharing

ParkNSlide said...

Inspiring quote, love all the explanations of your bkg. techniques and the birdie is fabulous.