Sunday, June 03, 2012

Welcome Little One



I needed a baby card to celebrate the birth of my cousin's new granddaughter. I love this sweet image from Meljen's Designs and I wanted to enter their latest embellishment challenge on the MelJen's Designs DT blog so this was a win-win project. The theme this week is pearls.

I coloured this sweet cloud baby digi stamp with my Prismacolor pencils, blending with a little OMS. Then I used a metallic gold pen to trace over the swirls and heart strings. Some diamond Stickles provided just the right amount of shine to show how special this baby is. The edge of the image shape was inked with Red Lipstick Distress Ink and mounted on a Spellbinders diecut shape. Tiny flat back pearls were placed between the cut out circles.

The background papers came from my scrapbox. It's nearly full which is always a boldface reminder to start using that paper first before reaching for a whole piece :) The tiny sentiment stamp came from a baby set of clear stamps...no idea who manufactured them. That label is popped up on foam dots and inked with Vintage Photo Distress Ink.


I always keep the inside simple, using leftover bits of paper and embellies from the front of the card.


I will definitely use this image again...so sweet and fun to colour.
Thanks for visiting. I'm off to enter it in the Meljen challenge.

Life is good; so is art.
Bonnie

1 comment:

ParkNSlide said...

So sweet---perfect balance of elements and great monocolor.