Wednesday, June 06, 2012

Mr. Butterfly's message



I love this butterfly stamp from Stamp N Plus. I wanted to create a fairly realistic looking butterfly so I googled swallowtail butterflies and found an amazing collection of colour combos. I knew Mother Nature would come through for me!

I stamped the large swallowtail butterfly on white cardstock and then coloured the open spaces with my Prismacolor pencils. A little glue was dabbed onto his body and some Stamp N Plus black glitter was added to give him some shine. I love this glitter because it's so fine and sparkly. Some dimensional foam was added to the back of Mr. Butterfly to lift him above the greeting.

For the background, a piece of orange patterned paper (still scrapbox digging!) was scallop punched at the bottom and lined at the top before being added to black matting. The sentiment (which really speaks to me) was written on the computer, traced with a label template, faux stitched, and matted in black.

To complete the visual triangle, some paper flowers and leaves were hot glued to the bottom left corner with some K& Co. bling as their centers. I love the complementary colours of blue and orange together and you know me...bright is good :D

Thanks for dropping by. I hope your days are filled with dancing butterflies.

Life is good; so is art.
Bonnie

1 comment:

ParkNSlide said...

Fabulous colors---the butterfly is so realistic and just pops off the paper.