Sunday, September 21, 2014

Broken Dolls ~ new releases from The East Wind


Hi there! It's an exciting day at The East Wind. Not only is there a new challenge on our FB group, Zombies, but Unky is releasing FOUR new images to fit the bill. That's not to say you can't zombify another TEW image to play along but these are brand spankin' new and just waiting for you, as well.



I chose to colour two of the four, Broken Doll and Broken Bisque, using my Prismacolor pencils. I wanted the page to feel distressed and worn, damaged so I tore around the images, matted them with black cardstock, and tore that to frame each.


The background started with an ungessoed page to which I added spritzes of Patience and Plush Art Anthology Colorations sprays plus a little water to help get drips and splats. After drying that with my heat tool, I added Black Marble Dylusions spray ink to the top of the page, again letting it drip. I also flicked some over the page and blew some drops using a straw to get finer drips. Again, I dried it and then added Jet Black Archival ink through a crackle stencil randomly. Smaller cracks were stamped on using the same ink and a marble  crackle stamp.


The sentiments were computer generated...I am such a font freak! Loved the sketchy messiness of this one. Once printed on white cardstock, the sections were distressed on the edges and then inked with Vintage Photo Distress ink to grunge them up. They were matted with corrugated cardboard with the top layer removed. This added to the distressed and imperfect look I was going for.


The finishing touches were the black scalloped border which I divided into two sections and to which I added white paint dots, and the shiny textured purple stars. I love the shine they provide as well as the pop of colour. They also help the eye move through the spread as they are in opposite corners. The page edges were inked with Black Soot Distress ink as well as Black Big Brush pen.

Thanks for popping by today. All three of us are happy you came. Check out the other DT makes on The East Wind Facebook page where you can also see the other two new releases. I hope you will join us for our Zombie challenge!

Life is good...so is art...so is running faster than a zombie:)
Bonnie

No comments: