Monday, September 22, 2014

Giggle ~ CYP Challenge # 232


Hi there! It's time for a new challenge at Craft Your Passion Challenges and this week the theme is I Can See Clearly so we want to see some transparent element on your project. Cool theme! It made me think, that's for sure. Our awesome sponsor is Just Some Lines and the image I chose to play with is called Fairy Kyra - Free Fall. She is so cute...just love the sweet expression on her face.



I coloured Kyra with Prismacolor pencils and added Icicle Stickles to her wings and the "parachute" although I didn't capture the sparkle in my photos. Then I fussy cut her leaving a narrow white border and added flat black pearls to her antennae.


I used layers of cardstock for the background, embossing the pink, yellow, and black layers with different patterns for texture and subtle interest. The orange pink and yellow rectangles were each matted in black to allow the layers to stand out and provide contrast. Kyra was then popped up on foam and adhered to the black layer which was cut with Spellbinders Big Scalloped Squares die.


The transparent elements are the two tickets and the Giggle slide mount. They came printed on acetate from HOTP and were fussy cut, mounted on cardstock, and the tickets were matted in black. A tiny length of Scor tape was placed under the vertical line on one end of the tickets so it wasn't visible. To complete the design, a black cardstock scalloped border was punched and added to the top right and three small green brads balanced out the top left corner bringing the green colour from the slide mount through the stem and into the corner brads. That helps the eye move through the design.

Kyra and I are so happy you stopped by. When you get a chance, pop over to the Craft Your Passion Challenges blog to see the fab creations by the rest of the DT. We would love to have you play along with us for our I Can See Clearly challenge.

Life is good; so is art.
Bonnie

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Hi Bonnie,
I think your card is fantastic. Lovely colours and great sentiment.
xxx Michelle