Monday, September 29, 2014

Crazy Friends ~ CYP Challenge #233


Hi there! We have a new challenge beginning today at Craft Your Passion and the sponsor is near and dear to me...The East Wind. The theme this week is a fun one...use the colour palette below.


When I first looked at the colours I thought they were pretty but wasn't sure about combining all of them until I got going on it. Now I love these four colours together!


I chose to play with Lucy Loo Mustache who never fails to make me smile. I coloured her with Prismacolor pencils and then fussy cut her before matting her with black cardstock. I fussy cut that close to her original lines, wanting the mat to be narrow...just enough to outline her pretty curves. It also gives extra strength to the image which is better when I use foam tape.


The background began with a white card base and a black cardstock rectangle cut slightly smaller than the front. A rectangle was cut from purple dotted cardstock to fit inside the black layer and the one side was edged with a scallop punch. Next a rectangle of shimmery orange textured cardstock was cut and matted in black. Finally, a layer of blue cardstock was die cut using Spellbinders Wonky Rectangles die and then run through my CB with an embossing folder. Once again this layer was matted in black to make it stand out.


The sentiment comes from Create With TLC where I get many of my sentiments. I printed it on green cardstock, cut it out with Spellbinders Deckled Rectangles die, and matted it in...you guessed it...black. Two sizes of enamel dots and a black metal mustache charm were added to complete the card.

Thanks for joining Lucy and me today. We love it when you do that! When you get a minute, pop over to the Craft Your Passion Challenges blog to see the rest of the DT creations using this fabulous palette of blue, green, orange, and purple. I hope you will be inspired to join us this week!

Life is good; so is art.
Bonnie

1 comment:

Michelle said...

This card is so colourfull and fantastic. I like the sentiment.
xxx Michelle