Friday, August 12, 2016

Joggles Art Journal Adventure Week 30 Response


Hi everyone! For Week 30 of Joggles Art Journal Adventure, Barb's prompt was Persevere which came out of a frustrating session where inspiration would not come to her and her mojo seemed to go for a walk-about. Been there!!It's such a horrible frustrating feeling especially when a deadline is fast approaching and you have thought and thought and still have NOTHING! She was going to pass on that week's page but decided to persevere and, although she didn't love her results, was happy she did. I have a few things I do when my mojo is absent...things like cleaning up my work space, re-organizing it, looking at older artwork of mine, and creating backgrounds. Everyone has to find the things that work for them and the more choices you have the better.


I decided to go back to a page in my journal where I had started a background and then moved on to something else. I couldn't tell you whether I was cleaning my stencil filled with Lindy's Starburst sprays or whether I sprayed through them onto the page with too heavy of a hand. I just know that I started and abandoned this background some time ago so today I decided to return to it and persevere :) I also chose to leave a lot of white space which always poses a challenge to me...although the more I do it, the less challenging it becomes. The large stars on the left side were Sticky Snippets that I had decorated previously using Brusho crystals, stencils, paint, and Texture Paste. The small stars on the right were punched from the leftover printed bits (the negative parts) from the same sheet. I never waste any bits of the Sticky Snippets sheets.


I inked Stampotique Originals's Bird Legs (Large) stamp with Jet Black Archival and applied it to white cardstock. It was then coloured with a mix of Prismacolor and Polychromos pencils. The image was fussy cut leaving a narrow white border and then matted with black cardstock and trimmed out again. This makes it pop against the background and gives strength to the skinny legs and hat brim.


Before adhering her to the background, three different washi tapes were applied to white cardstock, trimmed out, and layered below her feet and in the top left corner. This grounded her so she wasn't floating and also created a diagonal flow through the page. Cream enamel dots were added to the ends of the washi.


The sentiment was something my mom used to say. She was a great one for sayings and this one which is only part of a longer one would come out when she was trying to come up with an idea. It reminded me of Barb's message on her page and made me smile as I remembered my mom saying it and rolling her eyes. The words were printed in phrases onto white cardstock and then matted with black before being popped up on foam tape. Outlining and a doodled border were done with a black pen and the page was edged on three sides with Black Big Brush pen. Three glittery question mark stickers were added to complete the page.

Thanks so much for visiting today. Ms. Bird Legs and I are delighted you did. If you haven't already been following along with the Joggles Art Journal Adventure and Barb's weekly Monday prompts, it's not too late. You can join in at any point and we'd love to have you join our amazing AJA Facebook group as well. It's a wonderful group filled with creative, friendly, and supportive people who share the same enthusiasm for this fun adventure.

Life is good; so is art.
Bonnie

No comments: