Monday, November 28, 2016

1200 Present For Me ~ A Sandra Caldwell New Release


Hi everyone! Today is New Release Monday at Sandra Caldwell's Etsy shop, Babycakes Digis and Designs and that means a lovely collection of new images posted to the shop and wonderful DT projects on Sandra's Facebook group featuring those stamps. This week I was lucky enough to be able to play with two images. The one I am featuring in this post is called 1200 Present For Me and she is a cutie!


I coloured her with a mix of Prismacolor and Polychromos pencils and fussy cut her leaving a narrow white border. At the time, I didn't know I was going to place her on a black background so I adhered her to black card stock and fussy cut her again leaving a narrow black border. It was a step I could have skipped but I don't mind fussy cutting so no big whoop:) Foam tape was placed on the back of the image to pop her up.


The background began with a white card base to which I adhered a black card stock mat leaving 1/8 inch of the white still showing. From yellow plaid patterned paper, I cut a frame 1/8 inch smaller than the black mat and about 3/4 inch in width. Faux stitching was doodled around the outside edges of the frame with black ink. Another rectangle of black was cut slightly larger than the frame opening and embossed with a swirly folder. This piece was then adhered behind the opening and the lovely lady was centered inside. It gives great texture and movement to the background without detracting from the frame pattern or image.


The sentiment from Create With TLC was printed onto white card stock and die cut into an oval shape. It was then matted with green card stock and the white edges were faux stitched with pen before it was adhered under the image. A wooden stocking embellie was glittered with Icicle Stickles on the star and also the wee snowflake which I added. It was then adhered to the top left corner and balanced by three threaded black buttons in the bottom right corner.

Thanks for joining my "gifted" friend and me today. We appreciate that. When you get a chance, be sure to pop by both Sandra's Facebook group, where the fabulous DT projects will be displayed, and also stop by Sandra's Etsy shop. Not only will these images be posted later today but there is a huge selection of other fabulous images there which are sure to catch your fancy. It's a wonderful place to browse and get inspired.

Life is good; so is art.
Bonnie

No comments: