Tuesday, October 08, 2019

Be in the Know ~ inspired by Vera Lane Studio images


Hi everyone! Did you see the fun new release by Vera Lane Studio yesterday called Cate and Canine? I love the snooty look on her face and that crazy little dog makes me laugh. I decided they needed their very own art journal page with a quote that seemed to suit her.


I coloured Cate and her dog with Prismacolor and Polychromos pencils, fussy cut leaving a white border, and then matted them with black.


I also wanted Cate to have her shopping bags filled with her "must-haves". I used some of the images from the VLS set called Gift Bags. These were printed on atcs which I used to clean up Lindy's Starburst over-spray from previous projects. They were then shaded with coloured pencils, fussy cut, and matted with black.


I searched for a free printable of Monopoly money and found the ideal one for the background. Once it was adhered to the page, Ellen Hutson Bokeh Circles were stamped with Jet Black Archival, and shaded inside with Gelatos. A dollar sign button with the shank removed was popped up on foam on top of two offset 1 inch circles. I used the same green spritzed paper as the one shopping bag to tie the corners together.


A simple border was doodled around the outside edge and shaded inside with Inktense pencil before the pieces of the scene were adhered. The wording, which was printed onto white cardstock, was cut into sections, and matted with black to help it stand out against the background.

Thanks for popping by today. Cate, her lovely dog, and I appreciate that. When you get a minute, be sure to check out the other amazing stamps at the Vera Lane Studio Etsy shop. You'll be sure to find some "must-haves" of your own :) Stop by the Vera Lane Studio Facebook group to see more projects using the Cate and Canine images. You'll be glad you did.

Life is good; so is art.
Bonnie

No comments: