Thursday, October 10, 2019

Frankenpages Junk Journal


Hi everyone! Quite some time ago, when the neuropathy in my hands was really bad from chemo treatments, I made a bunch of Frankenpages based on a tutorial by Nik the Booksmith. It's a wonderful way to use scraps to create something new and useful and have fun in the process. Plus it was something that my hands were able to manage. I made large pages (no idea why) by gluing scraps onto larger scraps but I didn't stitch them together like she did. I added stamping and edged the scraps with Coffee Archival Ink before gluing them into a collage.


Then I wondered what to do with them so they sat patiently and waited for me to figure it out. I eventually decided to chop them up to make junk journal backgrounds for collage. They were cut to either fit into binders which I already had or to be joined with binder rings in a size I chose. Nothing was wasted. Even a few atc backgrounds were born.


These particular pages fit into an old MME binder from my stash. The pages are cut at 6 3/4 x 8 3/8 inches and are quite sturdy because of all the layering front and back. All holes in this binder are reinforced with black punched rings and the pages are edged with Coffee Archival Ink.  They are all also vintage and grungy in style which unites them.  I took each page  and started adding ephemera and left overs from other projects to decorate the page. I have had a sticker book from TH in my stash for years and years and made up my mind that I was going to use it up so you'll see a lot of those pieces in here.


I also have bits of punched borders, rub-ons, stencilling, and punched or die cut bits and pieces. At least one and sometimes two of the Idea-ology paper dolls star on each page and the sentiments come from Chit Chat stickers which have been hanging around too long. I also added the occasional charm or metal piece. a little washi, and anything else that was lying around and looked inviting :) I love this kind of creating...no rules, no expectations...pure play.

Thanks for joining me today. I have several more pages ready to share but I didn't want to bombard you with too much in one sitting...LOL. Until next time...

Life is good; so is art.
Bonnie

No comments: