Tuesday, October 08, 2019

Journal Faces Collage Sheet ATCs ~ inspired by Vera Lane Studio



Hi everyone! Last week, the most gorgeous set of collage sheets was released by Vera Lane Studio. They are called Journal Faces Collage Sheets and they come in different sizes and colourways, each one so beautiful. I decided to create an artist trading card set with three of them.


When I have small scraps of background left from other projects or if I have left over paint or sprays, I see if I can use them as atcs or artist trading coins. I have a stack pre-cut and adhered to cardboard backings so they are ready to go. Often these blanks will have stamping, stencilling, or Texture Paste already on them but if not, I add to them when I have the materials out for another project.


I add the fussy cut image with a white border to a piece of black cardstock, and fussy cut a second time leaving a narrow black border. Often, I use my coloured pencils, black Pitt pens, and white Posca Pen to add or enhance details on the images, adding my own artistic voice to them. These particular faces were popped up on foam tape to add dimension.


Then it's a matter of adding a word or words like these rub-ons, a doodled border done in black pen, and a little shading with an appropriate ink to the outside edges of the cards. Black Big Brush Pen finishes off the edges and hides the layers of white and gray.

Easy Peasy! Thanks for stopping by today. You can find these and many other beautiful collage sheets at the Vera Lane Studio Etsy shop, or if you are in the mood to colour, there are images ready for that, too.

Life is good; so is art.
Bonnie




No comments: