Monday, October 15, 2012

AWNB & RRR Halloween Double Header



It's week 3 of our Halloween/October and No Bones About It challenges at Art With No Boundaries and Recycle, Re-Purpose & Re-Invent. I simply could not choose between two images from CS Designs: Bride of Frankenstein and Raven. Both tickled my creative bone (like a funny bone but louder!) so I decided the only way out of this dilemma was to make two projects.





 The first project is an 8\'x10" canvas altered to look like an envelope for a fancy wedding invitation. I used Bride of Frankenstein, a brand new image from CS Designs which will be posted on the store site soon. She was coloured with Prismacolour pencils and she used a blingy flower and Stickles to glitter her white hair streak.




The canvas was first covered with glittery paper. Then, the end of a thrift store table runner was adhered like an envelope flap with recycled zipper pieces bordering the slanted sides. Bridie wanted to include her wedding invitation which was computer generated and distressed with crumpling and inking. The date is clearly marked with foam stickers so that you will all save it. She also included a spray of her wedding bouquet (black flowers, of course), and a charm from an old necklace. Bridie is quite taken with shiny things :) A small piece of the gauze that covered her before unwrapping seems to have stuck to the corner of the canvas. The sentiment was also computer generated, framed with a blingy design, and fussy cut. For Bridie, this is...just another day in paradise.





.......................................................................................................................................................................



The second project is a double page journal spread featuring another new Halloween image, Raven. I just love her to bits! I coloured her with my Prismacolor pencils before fussy cutting her. She waited patiently for her home to be completed.




For the background, I used my go-to journalling proces which means using everything but the kitchen...err, cauldron. I tend to use whatever is on my desk and just start palying and layering. I used spray and regular inks, drywall tape, stencils, rub-ons, punched cardstock scraps, paint, stickers, old button, punchinella, and my doodling pen. Whatever I see becomes fair game and I just keep adding until I like what I see. Once Raven and I were satisfied, she was adhered to the left page and the Happiness is who you are sentiment, also from CS Designs, was added to the right hand page. So much fun! A good time was had by all :)




Thanks for stopping by to meet Bridie and Raven. Pop by the two blogs, Art With No Boundaries and Recycle, Re-Purpose & Re-Invent so you can be inspired byt he cool projects created by the rest of the DT and by our guest designer, Lyn Brough (aka BlackDragon). It's worth the trip..or the click...you know what I mean.

I'm linking these babies up to the following challenges:
Anything But A Card challenge ~ Halloween
Challenges 4 Everybody #5 ~ Anything Goes
Eclectic Ellapu ~ Anything Goes
Make It Monday ~ Anything Goes

Life is good; so is art.
Bonnie

17 comments:

ParkNSlide said...

Raven and Bridie are stunning! Great use of purple and I just love their stories.

Elaine aka Ellapu said...

Bonnie these are both stunning creations. I just love the seductive purples with Raven setting it all off. Bride of Frankenstein is a cutie. Thank you for sharing with us over at Eclectic Ellapu this week. We hope you will be regular visitor
Elaine aka Ellapu

Beverly G said...

You are really rockin' that zipper trim and what a great use of that table runner. Your Art Journaling is smashing. Just love both projects. Always you keep our eye moving with great details.

Andria said...

Two spooktacular projects and a genious way to recycle a zip. Fantastic detil too.

Thanks for joining us at Eclectic Ellapu this week.

Andria - EE , dt (purples)

Paula said...

Just beautiful!!! Frankenstines bride looks gorgeous and as always your art journal is amazing!!!

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

You Art Journal too? WOW! Fabulous work...love this image! And the bride...her hair is so real looking!!! Oh my gosh! You are amazing!

Lori said...

Both of these are wonderful! Love Bride's wedding invite - that is so smart. The two page journal is just too cool for words - all the sprays, paints, and bits of this and that - brilliant! I think I'd just leave it laying open, so I could enjoy it all season!

Julia S-W said...

Fabulous creations and beautifully spooky too! I love the faux envelope and the image of the bride. The colour work on your journal page is rich and vibrant - love it all.
Thanks so much for sharing these projects with us at Anything But A Card and I do hope you'll join us again soon.
Juliax

Claire Dale said...

Fab creations!! Thank you for joining us for Eclectic Ellapu's first challenge!
Claire xx
Eclectic Ellapu DT

Chana Malkah said...

Outstanding Creations! Very different, and different is GOOD!
Thanks for playing along with us at Eclectic Ellapu's
Hugz,
Chana

Margaret said...

Both of these are amazing! I love how every piece of your canvas has a purpose and meaning and the layout for your journal is fabulous! Thanks so much for joining us at ABAC!

Christy said...

Art journaling never ceases to amaze me! Gorgeous job with it. Love the canvas too!!! :) Thanks for joining us at Anything but a Card! :) :)

Heather said...

Love your Journal and Canvas! I love all the colors you used in your journal..the way you colored "Raven" is fabby!! Love how you did your backgrounds!! Your canvas is great! Love the image!!
Hugs
Heather

Michelle said...

HI Bonnie

Wow, two incredible projects!! Love the way you have done the hair on your first one. The white streaks look fantastic!

Thank you for sharing with us at Make It Monday this week.

Michelle :o)

Billie A said...

I saw your project on MIM, I love it. I envy people who can do these awesome journals. Id love to do but where to start. Thanks for sharing your great talent

Words and Pictures said...

Fabulous glamorous Halloween look for the Bride... the satiny finish is great, and I love the aged invitation. Wonderful journal pages too - really glorious richness and depth to the colours!
Alison x

Shari said...

Love the journal page and yes Raven is beautiful!