Thursday, October 11, 2012

Clara Bow ATC


Over at Split Coast Stampers, I am in a rainbow atc swap. That means that each person in a group chooses a colour and then makes atcs in that colour scheme for everyone in the group. When I receive my returns, I will have one atc in every colour. How fun is that? For one of my groups I chose black which I love but it is a devil to photograph! Always forget that part :)

I am a huge fan of movies and their stars from the 20s, 30s, and 40s so I used CS Designs' Clara Bow image which I coloured with Prismacolor pencils and then fussy cut. Clara insisted that she have a black flat back pearl earring and a gold sequin tattoo. Her dress was coloured black and then Black Stickles was added to achieve that glitter so appropriate to a star of her era.



The background is cut from an embossed DP where the floral pattern is raised and shiny. The Drama Queen wording is also a CS Designs image from the Performing Arts Collection. It was fussy cut and edged with platinum coloured ink so it would stand out against the background. The filmstrip, another CS Designs image, was printed on acetate and then fussy cut to layer behind Clara. A set of three black flowers were punched, cupped with a stylus, and stacked to form the embellie in the top left corner. A bronze sequin leaf and a rhinestone center were added to the flower to finish it off.

Hopefully, my swappers will like her. She certainly looks better IRL because there is a lot of texture and dimension that my photography can't seem to capture...trust me :) Are you rolling your eyes?

Thanks for stopping by to see Clara and me. It's always a treat to have company.

Life is good; so is art.

Bonnie

3 comments:

Words and Pictures said...

Hi Bonnie - wow, what a glamorous ATC! I too love the silent and the 'golden' Hollywood eras. The new silent film The Artist is absolutely my favourite film of the last few years - capturing something of the glamour and drama of that time - as does your ATC! The rainbow swap sounds great fun... nobody could help being pleased to receive this. Thanks so much for your lovely comment over at Words and Pictures too...
Alison x

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

Oh my word!!! I love her! Perfectly colored and then the filmstrip is the right embellishment! This is a fantastic design!

ParkNSlide said...

OOOOOH! Had to rush over to SCS and see if I was in your group---Yippee! I am. This is stunning. You MUST make a variation of this and submit it to Somerset Magazine---they are having a Movie Magic challenge: http://www.stampington.com/submissions/callsChallenges.html
Can't be something you've published on your blog so you'll have to tweak it a bit but this would be a winner.