Monday, October 15, 2012

CYP Challenge 132: Which witch is which?

I don't know about your house but at my house,  my husband and I don't buy Halloween candy until the last minute because if we buy it early, it disappears and we still have to buy it last minute. The dilemma is whether to buy treats we like in case we have some left or to buy treats we don't like in case we have some left. LOL



Our challenge this week at Craft Your Passion Challenges is Which Witch is Which. To qualify for this challenge, your project must have a witch on it...good or bad, cute or not so much! I absolutely love the Pretty Witch image I was able to play with from  A Day For Daisies. She's so sweet and whimsical. I coloured her with Prismacolor pencils and dotted her dress using a stylus and  white acrylic paint. The image was cut using a template to trace the shape. The edges were inked with Black Soot and doodled around with a Micron pen.




The three background papers came from the DCWV Midnight Spell matstack.I used my 3/4" hole punch to cut the half circles which formed the black scallop. An orange gem sticker was added to the folded corner and a sparkly bat from my stash was adhered so that  the little witch appears to be looking at it. Faux stitching, rub-on words,  and inked edges completed this not so spooky Halloween card. I love her sweet little kitten companion. This is my kind of Halloween witch...'cause I'm a scaredy cat!


Thanks for visiting and for the lovely comments you leave. I really appreciate you taking the time to do both. Stop on by the Craft Your Passion Challenges blog to check out the rest of the DT's witchy creations. You'll be glad you did! I can't wait to see what witchly delights you enter in the challenge this week. So fun!

I am entering this card in the following challenges:
Dream Valley Challenges ~ Halloween
No Matter Which Challenges ~ Halloween
Scrappers Delight Paper Crafts ~ Halloween
Allsorts Challenge Blog ~ Too Cute to Spook

Life is good; so is art.
Bonnie

9 comments:

marion said...

Briljant card to our theme at NMWC. Thanks for joining and good luck, HUgs, Marion

ParkNSlide said...

Love the background papers---adds whimsy to the Halloween theme. The kitty in Witchy's lap is adorable. Best Witches to you!

Tracy said...

Love this Bonnie! The fun bright Halloween colors and that great ADFD image make the cutest card. Hugs!

Unknown said...

Yes she is a very pretty witch, must be a good witch. Lovely project. Thanks for playing along at NMW Challenges this month, good luck. Hugz Suzanne

Anonymous said...

The colours just sing and love her fabulous spotty dress.Such a fun card.
Lisa x

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

She is sweet and cute, adorable! I just can't get over your coloration, just fastastic...so even and vibrant! I love the layers and tapes in the background...totally cute design!

~ginny said...

I love inspecting your cards, looking for all the detail and little added elements that make your cards so interesting! I love the papers, the folded corner, the dots on her dress - the Micron pen border! Another great card Bonnie!

Melanie Rozwood said...

Great colors. I always forget to utilize double sided papers like that.

afternoonscrapper.blogspot.com

Carrie's Corner said...

Wonderful card and the colors are brilliantly bright! Thanks for joining us at Dream Valley Challenges.

Hugs
Carrie