Wednesday, October 03, 2012

SNP : A Happy Hello



Fall colours always inspire me. It's my favourite season. I love the nip in the air, the cool nights, and beautiful sunshine on the changing leaves. We always decorate the outside porches with pumpkins and gourds which make me smile...and that makes my neighbours wonder what I'm up to now :) Anyway, that was the inspiration behind this card.



I started out stamping this Stamp N Plus Scrap N maple leaf stamp (I am Canadian, eh!) on scraps of patterned paper. Then I fussy cut them and set them aside. Next this fun SNP dog splat guy was stamped on white cardstock and coloured with Prismacolor pencils. Two labels were die cut with the green one getting Distress inked and the brown one faux stitched. Leaves were adhered under Dawg and then over him so that he looked like he had just jumped into the pile and was in Doggie-heaven.

The background consisted of layers of orange, brown, and yellow papers. Before the yellow and brown layer were adhered to the  orange paper, brown and white dotty ribbon was wrapped around it and glued in the back. Hello letters were computer generated, cut out, and inked before being glued to the card front. A few more fussy cut leaves were added to frame the greeting. Copper nailhead stickers were affixed to each corner. To finish off the card and repeat the stitching detail,  brown doodling was added to the white card border.

The look on Dawg's face makes me smile and perfectly represents my feelings about autumn days. Hope he gives you a smile, too. Thanks for visiting today.

I'm entering this card in the following challenges:
Use it Tuesdays ~ hoarded supplies (ribbon); scrap papers from my stash
Sassy Cheryl's Challenge #135 Let's Think About Fall
Try It On Tuesday  ~ Lots of Layers ( background papers and fussy cut leaves)

Life is good; so is art.

Bonnie

5 comments:

Tracy said...

How fun is this little guy. :-) All the leaves are really cute and I like how you did your sentiment. Lots of fun! :-) Hugs!

Haven_mom4 said...

Love the little leaves, so cute thanks for joining us at use it Tuesday

jkreucher said...

Oh My! this image is a hoot! what a darling card. love your rich fall colors!
thanks for joining us for the Sassy Cheryl Think Fall Challenge this week!
Judy

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

If all puppies were that cute everyone would rake their leaves...lol! So stinking cute!

ParkNSlide said...

Love the whimsy and all the leaves.