Tuesday, July 16, 2019

Bloom ~ an art journal Page inspired by a Vera Lane Studio image


Hi everyone! Have you seen the sweet as can be digi set called Keep the Light which was released by Vera Lane Studio last week? I love the expression of wonder on her face as she looks at her beautiful flowers. I created an art journal page where Mary could hang out in my journal.


I coloured Mary, her flowers, and the shading on the cloud with a mix of Prismacolor and Polychromos pencils. They were all fussy cut leaving a narrow white border, and then matted with black...'cuz that's my thing...LOL. Really, it allows me to go crazy with the background if I want, knowing that the images will still stand out. The cloud was given a layer of Wink of Stella over the gray shading to add a little shimmer. Amber coloured gems were added to Mary's dress for buttons.


The 6x6 watercolour page was brayered with Naples Yellow Hue and Brilliant Yellow Green Liquitex acrylic paint, using several light layers. It's such an easy background which dries quickly. Script and splatter stamping were added with Olive Green Archival Ink but I purposely kept the background plain because there were a lot of elements and words to add. The strip along the bottom, which grounds Mary, is a Dylusions sticker from the Dyary collection. I'm in a use it up mode right now and this see through sticker suited the page so well. A black epoxy dot was placed on the left end of the sticker.


Two punched black photo corners were added to the top corners and a simple border was doodled around the page before the edges were inked with black Big Brush Pen. The saying was printed onto white cardstock, cut into individual words, and matted with black to finish the page.

Thanks for joining Mary and me in her garden today. We're so happy you did! Be sure to pop by the Vera Lane Studio shop and Facebook group to gather a ton of inspiration and maybe a few must-haves :)

Life is good; so is art.
Bonnie


No comments: