Thursday, July 04, 2019

Use it already! ~ collaged art journal pages


Hi everyone! Sometimes I get overwhelmed with the sheer volume of "stuff" I have accumulated from past projects, future maybe projects, and "this is cool" moments....things that I thought I might "need" someday so I've kept them. Scraps and bits...piles of them. I decided that I was going to make a dent in these piles and use things that I've been collecting...or pass them on to someone who will use them.

With that in mind, and because I love to collage and don't do it often enough, I have decided to begin a new "just for me" project. I have taken one of the TH binder covers with the rings inside and cut 4.5x6.5 inch pages from left over patterned paper (I have a few of these binders and tons of papers that have been kicking around for ages), punched them, all ready for collaging. I was inspired by one of my favourite YT channels, Nairobi, where she is doing something similar and is fabulous at collage.


It's a great way to use up things collecting in a bin on my desk (or the bin in my closet...or the one on my shelf...) as well as things I have tucked away and forgotten about like rub-ons, stickers, gems, and the larger TH paper dolls. So far I have created 4 pages and I have loved every moment because it's pure play and I like the challenge of pulling random bits and trying to make them work/play together. There is a huge satisfaction in that.


The other bonus is that I am rediscovering supplies and things I've been hoarding as I go in search of "what else do I have" :) It's great fun and another opportunity to use my creativity. Win/win!


Life is good; so is art.
Bonnie

No comments: